If you haven’t already seen the original post about my favourite locations for family photos in Brisbane, then take a look here. That page has been so popular that I decided to do an updated page for a few other great spots. Including spots in Brisbane southside and northside. Feel free to share your favourite locations in the comments! I’m always on the lookout for new places.
1. Wynnum Rd Hemmant – Bushland and a water reserve.
2. Oxley creek common – Sherwood rd, Rocklea.
3. Vacant blocks of land. If there is an area I want to explore, one of the best ways to find a quiet location is to look for new land selling. This is a great way to find wide open spaces with no-one around. I found this one recently out near Samford: Morrison Rd Samford –
4. Apex park – Mt Samson Rd Dayboro.
5. Andy Williams park – Samford, Cedar Creek Rd.
6. Brisbane city botanic gardens. Even though I shot this session here in the middle of the day (seriously midday), we were still able to find heaps of open shade and nice light.
7. Coochin Creek – Roys Rd (just south of Caloundra off the Bruce. Take your mosquito repellent! No seriously, I’m not even close to joking! 8. Bunya riverside – Dugandan Road, Bunya QLD.
9. Glasshouse mountain’s: Coonowrin rd and surrounding areas.
10. New farm park in September/October when the Jacaranda’s bloom.
11. University of QLD – the great hall quad is always a popular place for wedding photos, great also for graduation pics!
12. Woody point where the wharf is across from the Belvedere hotel on Oxley Ave. Why not make an evening of it, have your photos at sunset and then head across the road for a family dinner!