Interested to find out some good locations in Brisbane for portrait photography? This is my compiled list of 15 portrait photography locations in Brisbane including addresses and maps.
Over time I have been collating all of my portrait session locations into one folder on my computer for easy reference. I have a bunch of different images of locations that I have used or want to use. I thought it might be handy for future clients to also have access to these location inspirations, so I have compiled a little list of Brisbane portrait photography locations. If you are a photographer, feel free to shoot at these locations if you wish. I have been pretty generous here in sharing where the locations are. Some of the places I won’t or can’t release the location to, so (what is it they say) “please don’t ask as refusal often offends”. lol, I really hate that saying!
Photographers: Please also remember to check if areas are available for public use or if you need a permit.
Please note that some of these images are taken on the run with my phone and are used as reference for me to remember exactly what features are at the location. Some of the phone images may not look like much to you (they may even be boring or ugly), but they planted an idea in my head at the time.
Of course this list is not exhaustive; I haven’t included very obvious areas such as botanical gardens or inner city parks. There are plenty of side-alleys in Brisbane just waiting to be explored for the modern grungy feel. Brisbane also has some beautiful and unusual architecture… you just have to open your eyes and see things in a different light.
If you enjoy this blog post or find it useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues using the social media buttons below the post… also, Come and show me some love on Facebook.
1. Samford and surrounds:
2. The Autumn Leaf Wonderland – Side of the road at Albany Creek Rd – Albany Creek (near the cemetery). Special thanks to my mum for taking some of these pics… this is my husband, son and I:
3. Boondall Wetlands – Not Really That Wet:
4. Secret Squirrels – Beach, sand, greenery and a little creek.
5. Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder – Dohles Rocks Rd: (phone pics)
6. Brisbane Bush-land Beauty – Lanita Crt, Samford:
7. Old World Charm – Old Petrie Town:
8. Plant Me A Pine Tree: Off Red Rd, Bruce Highway and many other areas around there:
9. Work At It: The vacant block near my workplace.
10. Be Still My Photographic Heart – Around Shaw Rd, Wavell Heights:
11. Blue As the Ocean, Gold As The Sand – Southport Spit, Gold Coast:
12. In My Dreams – Somewhere out near Aratula and Stanthorpe. I really, really want to shoot here. I snapped these quick phone pics while in the passenger seat doing 100kph towards home from our family holiday:
13. Industrial And Riverfront – West End around Montague Rd and the river-front:
14. Where The Wildflowers Grow – Brisbane northside:
I only just found this location today (30/7/13) and am busting to use it! There are wildflowers, long grasses, open fields… it’s a photographers dream. Perfect spot for a pregnancy shoot. Who wants to book their session before it is too late to use this location? (phone pics)
15. Home Is Where The Heart Is – One of my favourite places to take photos is…. YOUR PLACE! I always go to client’s homes for their newborn sessions and sometimes for pregnancy and family sessions. We can make it happen!